You can call our Emergency Hotline on 07920-240335.
If something is not working as expected, then please try some of these handy remedies.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact us using our Emergency Hotline on 07920 240335. All scooters are services and checked before each hire. Rarely will the scooter let you down so please ensure that you have followed the advice given here before you call.
The Lights are on, but the scooter will not move.
- Firstly, make sure the charger is unplugged from the wall socket and the scooter.
- Next, take the start key OUT of the ignition.
- Then, push the scooter and see if it rolls. If it does, the transmission is disengaged. If it doesn’t you need to disengage it. Follow these steps to disengage and re-engage the mechanism.
Slot the start key into the ignition switch, and turn on. With the key removed, locate the yellow handle. Move it forward into the (N) position then back to the (D) position. The scooter should not manually move.
Make sure you allow the scooter at least 5 seconds after turning the key on before you push the go lever. Turn speed knob a little to increase speed.
Note: the scooter will not operate whilst the drive/freewheel lever is in the neutral position (forward).
All of the above steps must be followed in the order for the scooter’s system to restart. If you have not followed them in order then please start over again.
The lights on the display have not lit.
Ensure the battery is sitting firmly in position.
Press in the reset button located next to the charge point on the battery
Remove the key, re-insert and restart as above.
Note: failure to do this may incur charges.
For security reasons, at the end of your cruise, please ensure your scooter is not left on board the ship. Please leave it in the designated area within the baggage hall to await collection.
- Complaint Handling Procedure – We take complaints about our work, equipment, staff and levels of service very seriously.
- Easy as 1-2-3 with Mobility at Sea – Our consultation and recommendation process (a timeline)
- General Scooter Guide
- Mobility Scooters on Cruises – We hire more mobility scooters on cruises than any other UK based company; the reason is simple; we have a great rapport with the major cruise lines cruising from Southampton
- Privacy statement – Information that is gathered from visitors to our website, and how this information is used.
- Terms and Conditions – Equipment hire terms and conditions.
- Website Terms of Service – Terms and conditions of the Mobility at Sea website.