Everything You Need to Know About Celebrity Apex
Celebrity Cruises will welcome their 2nd ‘Edge-Class vessel’, Celebrity Apex, in April 2020. This is fantastic news for Mobility at Sea and our customers as her first five sailings will be from the Ports of Southampton.
What will Celebrity Apex Offer?
Celebrity Apex, like her sister ship Edge, will certainly deliver the wow-factor, boasting some of the most luxurious staterooms with Infinite Balconies, Outdoor Plunge Pools, and 29 world-class culinary venues.
Here’s a closer look at some of the ships stand-out features:
A Roving Deck
Think of a deck that moves, yes you heard that right. They’ve named it the ‘Magic Carpet’ and it’s roughly the size of a Tennis Court. Cantilevered off the side of the ship, it can move up and down between decks 2-16!
This roving deck will have many different uses including an easy way for passengers to get on and off tender boats, an al fresco extension, and a restaurant with seating for up to 100 people to name a few.
I know you’re secretly thinking of the magic carpet ride at the fair, but unfortunately, at no point will any passengers be able to ride it!
Infinite Verandas have special bi-fold doors which make the balcony inclusive of the overall cabin, increasing the space by around 23%.
Celebrity Apex will include 918 of these veranda cabins with 16 installed in single occupancy rooms. This is the first time that Celebrity has catered specifically for the Solo Cruise Market.
New technology similar to Princess Cruises Ocean Medallion will enable passengers to unlock their doors using an App on their Smartphone.
Quirky Public Spaces
The Resort Deck has been designed by top British architect Tom Wright. Imagine two-story windows with seating and loungers facing out to sea. The main pool has two sculptural trees and glass Jacuzzi that overlook deck 12.
Another must-see is the Rooftop Garden which has live greenery and amazing sculptures. There’ll be various games and activities during the day with live music to enjoy in the evening.
When and where is Celebrity Apex Sailing?
Celebrity Apex will be named in Southampton in the spring of 2020. Following this, she will be offering a range of itineraries which includes an eight-night cruise, visiting Spain and Portugal, as well as a seven-night voyage to the Norwegian Fjords.
There’ll also be an opportunity to tick some of those bustling cities off your bucket list. The Cities Cruise will take in capitals such as Amsterdam, Paris, Copenhagen and Oslo.
Following these first five sailings from the ports of Southampton, she will spend the rest of the summer visiting the Mediterranean.
Concerns about travelling to Southampton Ports?
Don’t worry, we can introduce you to a company that offers a unique Home to Holiday transfer service, personalised so you arrive in safety and comfort without the usual worries.
Whether you have booked a cruise on Celebrity Apex or are thinking about it and feel that you need any mobility equipment to help you fully explore this beautiful ship, then we can help. Our friendly team can help you to cruise in comfort by providing a wide range of mobility solutions. If you'd like to speak to a cruise specialist, then call 0800 328 1699.
- Cruise Passengers set to increase as major expansion announced for Portsmouth International Port - Portsmouth International Port could be welcoming 150,000 per year during the next few years as a Â£18.7m project has been given the go-ahead.
- Euro Disney with the i3 Folding Mobility Scooter - We hired an i3 Mobility Scooter to one of our clients going to Disneyland Paris. Read more about their experience with Mobility at Sea in this case study.
- Fly Cruise Hire - Mobility at Sea will can provide you with mobility scooters, wheelchairs, and electric wheelchairs for your fly cruise. All with flight compliant lithium batteries, please call our team today for more information.
- Guide to Solo Cruising - Solo Cruising is becoming more popular. Are you feeling worried or anxious about solo travel? This blog highlights ways to make the most out of your cruise adventure. Call 0800 328 1699 for more information.
- Royal Caribbean announces the name of its latest addition to the Oasis Class Fleet - Royal Caribbean's new ship Wonder of the Seas will be added to the fleet in 2021. It will be the largest cruise ship in the world and will call Shanghai its home. Read more in our latest blog.
- Testimonial of Cruiser 12B Powerchair - We've recently introduced the Cruiser 12B Powerchair to our hire fleet and it is proving to be extremely popular.