All you need to know about P&O Iona... (So Far!)
It’s a bit of an understatement to say that the Cruise Industry is booming. In fact, 2019 was a record-breaking year with over 2 million holidaymakers from the UK & Ireland choosing an ocean cruise.
To meet this demand there has been an average of nine or more cruise ships built every year since 2001.
We recently wrote a blog on what Celebrity Apex has to offer. And surprise, surprise now there’s another ship on the horizon.
Here’s what you need to know about P&O’s Iona.
What will P&O Iona Offer?
P&O are understandably keeping most of the details under wraps. What we do know is that Iona's maiden voyage will be in May 2020.
This will be the largest ship built for the UK cruise market. At 180,000 tons, Iona will be able to accommodate 5,200 passengers. Not only that, but it will run on Liquefied Natural Gas (LGN), making it hands down, the cleanest & most eco-friendly of the P&O fleet.
A Gin Distillery... At Sea?
Iona is going to have the very first distillery at sea. P&O has formed an exciting partnership with Salcombe Gin and are looking to combine their zesty flavours with the excitement and adventure of travel. Sounds like a match made in heaven!
The production of gin will take place in Iona’s custom made still and bottled onboard. A must-try for all you gin lovers.
Traditional Style Food & Entertainment
As with all P&O cruise ships, you can forget the razzmatazz of climbing walls, bumper cars, and water slides. Instead though, you’ll find the emphasis on amazing food, drink, and entertainment.
Expect plenty of celebrity chefs and world-renowned shows. In fact, P&O have appointed Gary Barlow as a brand ambassador and musical director.
The Lanai deck looks exciting too. It’s a half-mile, outdoor-style promenade that is full of restaurants and bars for you to explore.
Experience the Dynamic Ambience with SkyDome
Continuing with the theme of ‘bringing the outside in’ the SkyDome is a huge glass dome sitting over decks 16 and 17. Passengers will be able to make the most of the natural light while enjoying food & drink plus a swimming pool, loungers, and a whirlpool.
In the evening, you can just sit and enjoy the night sky. The swimming pool even transforms into a stage for entertainment purposes. Just relax and watch the aerial acrobatics whizz past.
Are you still wondering how to travel to the Southampton Ports?
Don’t worry, we can introduce you to a company that offers a unique Home to Holiday transfer service, personalised so you arrive in safety and comfort without the usual worries.
Whether you are thinking of a cruise on P&O Iona and need any mobility equipment to help you explore, then we can help. Our friendly team can help you to cruise in comfort by providing a wide range of mobility solutions. If you'd like to speak to a cruise specialist, then call 0800 328 1699.
- Cruise Passengers set to increase as major expansion announced for Portsmouth International Port - Portsmouth International Port could be welcoming 150,000 per year during the next few years as a Â£18.7m project has been given the go-ahead.
- Euro Disney with the i3 Folding Mobility Scooter - We hired an i3 Mobility Scooter to one of our clients going to Disneyland Paris. Read more about their experience with Mobility at Sea in this case study.
- Everything You Need to Know About Celebrity Apex
- Fly Cruise Hire - Mobility at Sea will can provide you with mobility scooters, wheelchairs, and electric wheelchairs for your fly cruise. All with flight compliant lithium batteries, please call our team today for more information.
- Guide to Solo Cruising - Solo Cruising is becoming more popular. Are you feeling worried or anxious about solo travel? This blog highlights ways to make the most out of your cruise adventure. Call 0800 328 1699 for more information.
- Royal Caribbean announces the name of its latest addition to the Oasis Class Fleet - Royal Caribbean's new ship Wonder of the Seas will be added to the fleet in 2021. It will be the largest cruise ship in the world and will call Shanghai its home. Read more in our latest blog.
- Testimonial of Cruiser 12B Powerchair - We've recently introduced the Cruiser 12B Powerchair to our hire fleet and it is proving to be extremely popular.