Royal Caribbean announces the name of its latest addition to the Oasis Class Fleet
It’s an exciting time for the cruise industry with Royal Caribbean International announcing the homeport and name of its fifth Oasis Class Ship.
The new ship which is aptly named Wonder of the Seas will be the largest in the world with an anticipated launch sometime in 2021 – the first of the Oasis Class to sail the Asia Pacific.
Michael Bayley, the Royal Caribbean President and CEO, revealed the details at a conference, claiming that Wonder of the Seas will begin a new era of cruising.
“Royal Caribbean is known for its innovation and constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and an Oasis Class Ship in China is proof of that. Wonder of the Seas will redefine the ultimate vacation and be revolutionary in her own right, and she marks one of Royal Caribbean’s most exciting chapters to come,” said Bayley.
It will retain the seven-neighbourhood concept of its sister ships, Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas, to include world-class onboard entertainment and food. Other features include huge swimming pools, zip lines, waterparks, West End Style theatre shows and even robot bartenders.
Recently, Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas has benefited from an impressive £89 million revamp. The new technology means that passengers can surf on deck (with the help of an advanced simulator), enjoy an outdoor cinema, or take in ocean vistas from virtual balconies.
“Royal Caribbean is known for its innovation and constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and an Oasis Class Ship in China is proof of that,” said Bayley.
“Wonder of the Seas will redefine the ultimate vacation and be revolutionary in her own right, and she marks one of Royal Caribbean’s most exciting chapters to come.”
Wonder of the Seas sounds like it’s going to be a cruise ship that encapsulates a whole host of exciting and imaginative features. For now, Royal Caribbean is keeping the most intricate details under wraps, but we’ll let you know when there’s more information…
If you require any mobility equipment for your next cruise, then please get in contact with a member of our team. We’d be more than happy to help.
- Cruise Passengers set to increase as major expansion announced for Portsmouth International Port - Portsmouth International Port could be welcoming 150,000 per year during the next few years as a Â£18.7m project has been given the go-ahead.
- Euro Disney with the i3 Folding Mobility Scooter - We hired an i3 Mobility Scooter to one of our clients going to Disneyland Paris. Read more about their experience with Mobility at Sea in this case study.
- Everything You Need to Know About Celebrity Apex
- Fly Cruise Hire - Mobility at Sea will can provide you with mobility scooters, wheelchairs, and electric wheelchairs for your fly cruise. All with flight compliant lithium batteries, please call our team today for more information.
- Guide to Solo Cruising - Solo Cruising is becoming more popular. Are you feeling worried or anxious about solo travel? This blog highlights ways to make the most out of your cruise adventure. Call 0800 328 1699 for more information.
- Testimonial of Cruiser 12B Powerchair - We've recently introduced the Cruiser 12B Powerchair to our hire fleet and it is proving to be extremely popular.